As a registered patent attorney, Tanya has had the opportunity to work with clients with a wide range of patent and intellectual property needs. Her clients have included biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, chemical and agribusiness companies, as well as universities. Tanya has provided IP counsel on, among other things, immunology-based assays, plant-related matters, medical devices, pharmaceutical compositions, and polymer and composite compositions.
Tanya enjoys helping to maximize her client’s intellectual property and minimize their risk. In this regard, she secures world-wide patent rights through patent prosecution and related proceedings, conducts clearance searches, and opines on patent validity and infringement. She has also negotiated, drafted, reviewed, and analyzed various intellectual property-related agreements as well as supported litigation.
Tanya’s experience in large and boutique firm settings and as Director of Research Development at the University level have shaped her approach to meeting the patent and intellectual property needs of a diverse client base. Before embarking upon her legal career, she earned a Ph.D. in molecular biology and genetics.
- U.S. & International Patent Preparation & Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Licensing & Technology Transactions
- IP Counseling on Patent Portfolios and Freedom To Operate
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa
- Ph.D., University of Iowa, Iowa
- B.S., Biochemistry & Life Sciences, Xavier’s Collage, Bombay