Jose is a partner with the firm. He represents start-ups as well as more established clients in the Electrical, Electro- Mechanical and Medical Device sectors. He also serves as onsite patent counsel for a precision measurement equipment manufacturer as well as patent counsel for a European medical equipment manufacturer.
Jose prepares and prosecutes US and International patent applications and also provides counsel on matters such as patents, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how licenses, co-development agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jose has been with Kagan Binder since 2013. Previously, Jose served as Chief Intellectual Property Counsel of American Medical Systems and was a partner with the intellectual property firm of Patterson & Thuente in Minneapolis, Minnesota. José has years of experience in corporate transactional work, mergers and acquisitions and litigation gained through many years of in-house leadership positions held at GTE, Motorola and Square D Company/Groupe Schneider. While at Groupe Schneider and at AMP Inc., José gained corporate business experience in both the US and Latin America as a General Manager and as a Quality Director.
- U.S. & International Patent Preparation & Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Trademark Prosecution and Licensing
- Juris Doctor — John Marshall Law School
- B.S. Electrical Engineering; Northwestern University
- MBA — J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
Admitted To Practice